NEET Eligibility Criteria
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has prescribed an eligibility criteria for NEET 2021. Therefore, all those who wish to appear in the pre-medical entrance exam need to qualify the criteria first. Although everyone is well aware of the eligibility criteria for NEET. Candidates who fulfill these criteria are eligible for NEET 2021 Exam:
- Indian Nationals,
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Persons with Indian Origin (PIO)
- Foreign Nationals
- The minimum age of a candidate as of December 31, 2021, should be 17 years.
- The rule specifying the maximum age limit of the candidate was challenged last year in the court of law. Thus, there is no upper age limit as of now and candidates older than 25 years of age applying for NEET 2021 will be provisionally admitted subject to the ruling of the High Court of Delhi.
- Candidate must have cleared Class 12 or equivalent from a recognised institute.
- Candidates who are appearing for Class 12 or equivalent in summer 2021 can also apply for NEET 2021.
- Candidates who have completed Class 12 or equivalent from an open school are also eligible.
- Candidate must have cleared Class 12 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Candidates who have passed Class 12 or equivalent with Biology as an additional subject are also eligible.
Minimum Marks required to qualify examination
- General category: 50 per cent
- PWD category: 45 per cent
- SC/ST/OBC: 40 percent
NEET 2021 Application Fees
Application Fee (in Rs)
- General: 1,500
- Gen EWS/ OBC: 1,400
- SC/ ST/ PWD: 800