The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts NEET for admissions to MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, veterinary and other medical/paramedical courses in India. It is the only pan-India medical entrance exam for admissions to MBBS and BDS programs. This exam is conducted once a year. Exam will be held in 155 test centers and total of 16 lakh students appear every year. Adding to that, registration forms are expected to be released soon. Notably, the AIIMS and JIPMER exams no longer exists as discontinued. Now, admissions to both these institutes will happen through NEET. As we know, NTA announced on March 12, 2021 that pre-medical Entrance test this year will take place on August 1. According to Director-General Vineet Joshi, NTA, “there are a total of 28 boards, two ministries, and NTA involved in the brainstorming process, so the process is taking time.”
NEET 2021: Latest Updates
On March 12 2021, NTA on its official website announced the NEET(UG) exams for admissions to MBBS, BDS etc.
- In the official announcement of NEET Exam, Education Minister Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ confirmed that NEET Exam will be conducted once via offline mode.
- NEET 2021 will be conducted twice a year but due to other exam priorities, the decision was stalled.
- Amit Khare, Secretary, Higher Education will have no changes as per media reports.
- He said, “Any changes in the exam with such short notice will be unfair to the candidates preparing for NEET-UG 2021 and any further delay in the entrance test will affect the next session.”
- Like last year, NEET will also be conducted in 11 languages.
The languages includes English, Hindi, Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Oriya, Assamese, Kannada, and Telugu.
For Any Queries regarding MBBS, Contact Mukoo Worldwide at: +91 9999599636