It is a government government research university which is located in the city ‘Shymkent’ in Kazakhstan. The university has best faculty. University’s mission is to provide friendly environment. The university was established in 1979. The university is recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science, Kazakhstan. South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy is a coeducational higher education institution. This is one of the best universities in the Shymkent region of Kazakhstan.
It offers Bachelor courses, Master courses, Diploma and Ph.D. courses as well. General medicine, Dental faculty, Pharmaceutical faculty, faculty of Continuous professional development etc. are the faculties available at ‘South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy’. In the South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy, more than 11000 students have been enrolled.
South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy – At a Glance
Candidates should go through some major part regarding MBBS course at South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy:
|Intake for MBBS Course||October|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with 50%, 40% for reserved category|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is necessary|
|Annual Tuition Fees||4250 USD (approx)|
|Course Duration||5 + 1 year internship|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country – 19
World – 5361
|University Recognition||NMC and WHO|
Why Study MBBS at South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy?
The students urge to study MBBS program at South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy due to these beneficial reasons:
- Various youth policies and government initiative ensures continuous improvement and quality education for each and every student of the university.
- General medicine, dentistry or pharmacy is preferred by international students as their choice of study.
- South Kazakhstan university has the best and adequate academic infrastructure to ensure that the students get the best practical and theoretical knowledge in the university.
- There are tens of thousands of books in the university’s library on different subjects, thus this will help students during their medical course, the library is excellent.
- The South Kazakhstan state medical academy networks and academic exchanges with other best medical universities in Kazakhstan and in other countries as well.
- There are guest lectures and interactions arranged for the students by the university.
- Several extra curricular activities are arranged by the university for the students, for their personality development.
South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy – MBBS Fee Structure
South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy offers MBBS program education at affordable prices that allows all the students to get a quality education at the most reduced rates:
|Particular||Year – 1||Year – 2||Year – 3||Year – 4||Year – 5|
|Tuition Fee||$ 4250||$ 4250||$ 4250||$ 4250||$ 4250|
|Hostel Fee||$ 700||$ 700||$ 700||$ 700||$ 700|
|Total Fees in USD||$ 4950||$ 4950||$ 4950||$ 4950||$ 4950|
|Total Fees in Rs||Rs. 3,51,450||Rs. 3,51,450||Rs. 3,51,450||Rs. 3,51,450||Rs. 3,51,450|
Note: 1 USD = Rs. 71 (approx)
The medical aspirants must fit into the following eligibility criteria for doing MBBS course:
- The applicant must finish 17 years of age to apply for MBBS course education.
- The applicants need to score an aggregate of 50% in higher secondary classes with physics, chemistry, and biology subjects.
- The open category must score an aggregate of 45% in PCB subjects.
- And other backward classes must score an aggregate of 50% in PCB subjects.
- Every candidate willing to do an MBBS course should clear the NEET examination.
Given below are admission steps, one must follow to take admission in South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy:
Step 1: The applicants must fill online application forms at South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy to take admission in the MBBS program.
Step 2: The students must scan & send the all essential higher secondary education documents along with a passport copy.
Step 3: South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy will send an offer letter within a short period for admission purposes in the MBBS course.
Step 4: After the offer letter comes, the very first thing you need to do is to pay the first year tuition fee of the MBBS course.
Step 5: Apply for the visa process and fly to make your dreams come true.
Medical aspirants looking to pursue MBBS must carry all essential documents given below at the time of admission:
- 10th, 11th and 12th mark sheets
- Fitness certificate by a registered doctor
- Valid international passport
- Scan copy of NEET – UG score card
- All original educational certificates and birth certificate of the student
- Study invitation approved by migration department of Kazakhstan
- Medical insurance
- 10 passport size photos
- Filled visa application form
South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy – MBBS Duration
The university provides 6 years of medical education to the medical aspirants across the globe:
- The students need to undergo 6 years of medicine program under the guidance of trained and qualified professors.
- At the end of the MBBS course, complete 1 year of Internship where the students will get hands-on experience of handling patients in the hospital.
Courses Offered at South Kazakhstan State Medical University
The students must go through the numerous MBBS faculties provided at South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy:
South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy – MBBS Syllabus
South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy has a well-developed curriculum, the applicants must go through the syllabus mentioned below:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
4th -6th Year
|Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings||Psychology|
Medium of Teaching
South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy offers medical education in English, Kazakh, and Rusian language:
The candidates are given 100% of the English language for doing MBBS education by cooperative and knowledgeable teachers.
South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy – Ranking 2021
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country & world ranking for South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy:
Accreditation and Recognition
The institute has official recognition of various medical organization mentioned below, the students must have a look at it:
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Ministry of education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Important Dates – Intake 2021
Stay updated with the important dates regarding MBBS admissions at South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy:
|Application Start Date||April 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks|
|Admission Start Date||October 2021|
|Last Date of Admission Form||October 2021|
Students willing to go to South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy of Kazakhstan for study purpose must obtain a study visa. Below are the requirements:
- A letter from the university/ college or school be provided in which the enrollment is confirmed.
- Copy of passport main page.
- The students must have a valid passport which is valid for at least 3 months longer than the requested validity of the visa and it should have at least one blank page for visa.
- A completed visa application form.
- A letter of request must be submitted by the students to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan to issue a visa.
- One passport size photo of the student, which should be stapled or stuck at the appropriate place on the application form. Students should please see the instructions related to photos carefully.
Hostel & Accommodation
South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy facilitates hostel facilities with the latest amenities on campus:
Cost of Living
Shymkent city has a very affordable living cost which varies according to individual expenses, the table given below shows the monthly basis living expenses of the city:
|Particulars||Approx Range in USD||Approx Range in RS|
|Hostel Charges||50 USD||3,500 Rs|
|Food Cost||70.2 USD||4914 Rs|
|Transport Cost||5.7 USD||399 Rs|
Note: 1$ = Rs. 70
About Shymkent City
Here is some important information about the city where the university is based:
In the valley of Sayram river Shymkent city is located at the foothills of Ugam range. The city has the population of nearly 6,47,000 and it is a populated city.
According to the area, it is the third largest city of Kazakhstan. It connects to other important cities as it has the main railway junction.
For tourists, it is a nice place to visit and explore. The city has very famous bazaar which is a favourite destination of people for shopping. There are many famous parks in the city for children as well as for adults. Thus, different tours can be arranged for tourists like to the historical places, mountain tourism, hunting and fishing etc.