About Semey State Medical University, Kazakhstan
This university was founded in 1952. It is now known as ‘Semey State Medical University’. It is considered as one of the best medical universities in Kazakhstan. Previously, the university was known as ‘Semipalatinsk State Medical institute’, but after a period of about 40 years the university’s name was changed to Semey State medical University.
The first faculty at the university was the medicine faculty which started in the year 1953. The university introduced more faculties gradually which includes Pediatrics which started in 1963, Stomatology faculty which started in 1991, Medico Prophylactic, Pharmaceutical faculty and general medicine faculty started in 2003.
Currently there are 3500 students studying in the university. Today there are 450 teachers at the university.
Students can gain some practical experience and can do their internship at the university’s many affiliated hospitals where mentors and doctors working there can guide the students.
Semey State Medical University: Quick Highlights 2021
The students should check out the important facts mentioned below in the table:
|Intake for MBBS Course||October|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with 50%|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees||USD3800|
|Course Duration||5 Years with Internship|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country – 17
World – 5059
|University Recognition||NMC, PMC and WHO|
Why Study MBBS at Semey State Medical University
Selecting Semey State Medical University for pursuing an MBBS career can offer several benefits to global students:
- The university is recognized by WHO and NMC.
- The university has very low fee structure for MBBS study and the cost of living is also very low.
- The course is taught in English language completely.
- The emphasis is given on practical knowledge than just theoretical study.
- There is a moderate climate in Semipalatinsk for the whole year.
- Students can get permanent residency and they can plan to settle in Kazakhstan after completing their degree from Kazakhstan.
- The faculties at this university are the best faculties and thus the quality of education is best.
- At Semey or Semey State Medical University, good hostel and mess facilities are available for students.Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must fit into the eligibility criteria to be eligible for MBBS admission at university:
- The candidates must have a minimum age of 17 years or before 31st December of the admission year.
- Applicants must acquire at least 50% of scores in all subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Reserved category students require aggregate 45% and others require 50% in PCB Subjects.
- The student must have cleared the NEET exam to study at The University.
- The applicant must carry a valid passport copy for MBBS admission.
Applicants must complete the following admission process to take admission in the medicine program at Semey State Medical University:
Step 1: The students should fill the online application form available on the official website of The University.
Step 2: Check the detailed information, upload scanned documents, pay the application form fee, and submit.
Step 3: The students must wait until the offer letter generated within a short period of time.
Step 4: After documentation verification, The University sends an offer letter to the selected students.
Step 5: Pay the first-year tuition fee of the MBBS course at The University.
Step 6: The students must apply for the visa process quickly after admission confirmation, it may take 15-20 days to produce a valid visa.
Step 7: After getting a valid passport, the applicants are ready to go for pursuing MBBS in The University.
Below mentioned are the necessary conditions and documents required to take admission in The University:
- Students must submit their online application form with correct details.
- Matriculation passing certificate & 12th mark sheet is required during the admission process.
- The candidate must submit a birth certificate.
- Submit valid proof of nationality (valid Passport).
- The candidates must carry passport size photographs during the MBBS course admissions.
- Submit a medical certificate which is important during admission time.
- Submit caste certificate.
- Candidates must submit identity cards for example Pan card/ Aadhaar card.
- COVID-19 reports are very essential to be submitted during admission time.
- Candidates should carry NEET examination results.
- A migration certificate is required for medical admissions.
- Candidates must submit a Transfer certificate for enrolling at The University.
- Submit Invitation letter obtained from the previous institute at The University.
- UNT entrance exam scorecard for MBBS admission
Courses Offered at Semey State Medical University
There are numerous faculties of medicine at Semey State Medical University:
Semey State Medical University: MBBS Duration
Semey State Medical University offers 5 years of medicine program:
- The duration of the entire MBBS course is 5 years at The University.
- The candidates opting for the MBBS program are taught in English, Kazakh and Russian language.
- The students are provided with theoretical as well as practical knowledge.
- The education quality is very high and maintained by the well-qualified and experienced faculty members.
- At the end of the MBBS program, the students need to undergo 1 year of Internship.
Semey State Medical University: MBBS Syllabus
MBBS syllabus is well-organized at The University, the students must go through the curriculum mentioned below:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
4th – 6th Year
|Clinical Subjects and Clinical Postings||Psychology|
Semey State Medical University: Ranking 2021
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country & world ranking for The University:
Medium of Teaching
Semey State Medical University offers medical education in English, Kazakh, and Rusian language:
The entire MBBS course duration at the university is 5 years and the students coming across the globe opting for MBBS are taught in English by highly qualified and renowned faculty members who always welcome students to ask doubts in education.
Important Dates: Intake 2021
Stay updated with the important dates regarding MBBS admissions at The University:
|Application Start Date||April 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks|
|Admission Start Date||October 2021|
|Last Date of Admission Form||October 2021|
Accreditation and Recognition
The University has been accredited as well as recognized by:
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Ministry of education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Semey State Medical University: FMGE Performance 2019
Find the passing percent and appeared students in year 2019 for The University is here in the table below:
|Name of University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass %|
|Semey State Medical University||134||37||27.61%|
Students willing to go to Semey State Medical University of Kazakhstan for study purpose must obtain a study visa. Below are the requirements:
- A letter from the university/ college or school be provided in which the enrollment is confirmed.
- Copy of passport main page.
- The students must have a valid passport which is valid for at least 3 months longer than the requested validity of the visa and it should have at least one blank page for visa.
- A completed visa application form.
- A letter of request must be submitted by the students to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Kazakhstan to issue a visa.
- One passport size photo of the student, which should be stapled or stuck at the appropriate place on the application form. Students should please see the instructions related to photos carefully.
Hostel & Accommodation
The comfortable living of students are facilitated at hostels provided by the universty at the campus:
- The hostel building is located within 200 m of the university campus, the student can reach the university within 15 minutes.
- The hostel is a 5-floor building that provides a common space, laundry, and a sports arena.
- The students coming from various nationalities generate a conducive environment in the hostel.
- Hostels have CCTV cameras provided for the full security of the students.
- The University has well furnished and convenient hostels rooms.
- Hostels provide many facilities like 24-hour gas and electricity supply, hot and cold water, etc.
- The hostel has a spacious library with various collections of books for research and study purposes.
- The cafeteria provides tasty and healthy food at the hotel.
- The university also encourages sports activities like basketball, volleyball, cricket, football, etc. at the hostel campuses for students.
- Institute has separate hostels for girls and boys.
- The University has special attention to the security of girls.
- The mess menu is fixed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Hostel rooms are well equipped with all the basic facilities –
- Availability of emergency doctors and Indian wardens round the clock.
- Hostel rooms are hygienic as the cleaning services are provided from time to time.
- Hostel rooms have twin sharing with attached washrooms.
- Indian food is available in the hostel premises.
- The high speed of the internet will be there round the clock.
- Nearby grocery shops, cafes, and sports clubs are available.
- The centralized heating system is provided in hostel rooms.
Student’s Life at Semey State Medical University
The university offers a student life tailored to your own tastes, easy to immerse in exciting opportunities and experiences:
- The university provides a conducive environment to the students for a better MBBS education.
- The students are also encouraged to actively participate in other extracurricular activities like debates, science forums, sports activities, art performances along with MBBS studies.
- The students can also participate in seminars, conferences, presentations, and group discussions held at the air-conditioned auditorium of the university.
- The university also organizes guest lectures and the students gather new information from knowledgeable and renowned professors.
For more information about MBBS in abroad, contact us: +91 9999599636
Leave A Comment