Semey State Medical University Kazakhstan
This university was established in 1952. It is considered as the most important and popular university in Kazakhstan. Previously, it was called ‘Semipalatinsk State Medical institute’. After 40 years of being in the business, the name of the university changes to ‘Semey State Medical University’. According to the history, medicine was the first branch which was established in 1953.
Later on, another branch ‘Pediatrics’ was also established in year 1963. After almost 22 years, ‘Stomatology’ was started in the year 1991 in the Semey State Medical University, Kazakhstan. Adding to that, Medico-prophylactic, Pharmaceutical and General Medicine started in the year 2003.
Currently, total 3500 students are studying medicine at the university and total 450 teachers are at the university. Meanwhile, students can experience the mentorship of the most vigilant doctors and medical staff. University has many hospitals which are affiliated from the Ministry of Health, Kazakhstan for students to practice medicine.
Let’s Know the City
✓ Semey formerly known as the ‘Semipalatins‘.
✓ It is the second largest city of the east Kazakhstan in the western region and it is located on the banks of Irtysh river.
✓ This city has the most important railway station joining Russia and Southern Kazakhstan.
✓ Semey city also has an Airport and a River port.
✓ Semey city has a lot of tourist attraction spots which students can visit free of cost.
✓ The Semey city experiences extreme temperatures both in Winter and summer due to high amplitude of annual and daily temperatures.
✓ It can go up to -45 degrees in Winter and till +45 degrees in Summer.
Semey State Medical University: Quick Highlights 2021
Intake for MBBS Course: October
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 with 50%
NEET Entrance Test: Yes, it is compulsory
Annual Tuition Fees: Rs. 1.31 lakhs/ year
Course Duration: 5 + 1 year internship
Medium of Education: English
Country – 17
World – 5059
University Recognition: WHO & NMC
Features of Semey State Medical University
- The University is recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and National Medical Commission (NMC).
- The cost of living and the cost of MBBS study is low and affordable.
- The course is taught in English language as all universities are in English medium.
- Much emphasis is given on the practical exposure than just on theoretical portion.
- There is a moderate climate thorough out the year in Semey city.
- Students can get permanently settle in Kazakhstan. They can get permanent residency permission and can get settle after completing their degree.
- With the best faculties of 20+ years of experience in teaching medicine are provided to the students.
- At Semey State Medical University, hostel and mess facilities are really good.
Fee Structure of Semey State Medical University
Course Fee in USD: 1872.05 USD
Course Fee in Indian Rupees: Rs 1,31,043
Hostel in Rupees: 16,514 Rs
Total Fees: Rs 1,47,557
- The candidates must have a minimum age of 17 years or before 31st December of the admission year.
- Applicants must acquire at least 50% of scores in all subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Reserved category students require aggregate 45% and others require 50% in PCB Subjects.
- The student must have cleared the NEET exam to study at Semey State Medical University.
- The applicant must carry a valid passport copy for MBBS admission.
Step 1: The students should fill the application form of the Semey State Medical University via its official website.
Step 2: Check the detailed information, upload the photograph and signature and submit the form.
Step 3: The students must wait until the offer letter generated within a short period of time.
Step 4: After documentation verification, University sends an offer letter to the selected students.
Step 5: Pay the first-year tuition fee of the MBBS course at Semey State Medical University.
Step 6: The students must apply for the visa process quickly after admission confirmation, it may take 15-20 days to produce a valid visa.
Step 7: After getting a valid passport, the applicants are ready to go for pursuing MBBS in Semey State Medical University.
- Students must submit their online application form with correct details.
- Matriculation passing certificate & 12th mark sheet is required during the admission process.
- The candidate must submit a birth certificate.
- Submit valid proof of nationality (valid Passport).
- The candidates must carry passport size photographs during the MBBS course admissions.
- Submit a medical certificate which is important during admission time.
- Submit Caste certificate.
- Candidates must submit identity cards for example Pan card/ Aadhaar card.
- COVID-19 reports are very essential to be submitted during admission time.
- Candidates should carry NEET examination results.
- A migration certificate is required for medical admissions.